I am happy and so grateful to have hit 50 followers on my blog. This is one goal that has helped me keep my head above water with this blog. Just something to look forward to in building a little Online community of my own.
I don’t see it as “the more followers the more money” but I do appreciate the support so much. Now I can set a new goal of 100 followers and see where that takes me in my journey.
A BIG THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE WHO COMES TO READ MY BLOG!! IT IS SO APPRECIATED AND GIVES ME SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO EACH DAY!!💛
New Year who dis?…I am not setting goals this year or saying “New year new me” that’s a whole bunch of bullshit!
I am however changing my life habits. If I change my habits instead of setting goals I feel like it will change me more personally. Why? If you really think about it when someone sets goals and they achieve that goal they just set another even higher goal. Which is fine and dandy but it’s freaking stressful to keep putting large expectations on yourself.
I have blog goals on my post My Top 10 Personal Blog Goals and yes while they are some “Goals” of mine I am not basing it strictly on what I want to change about myself or giving myself a deadline.
I do plan on changing my everyday habits though. I have a bad habit of procrastination, laziness, and finding excuses to not do what I really want to do (I have a fear of judgment by the people close to me so I tend to psych myself out quite often). I am actively trying to take steps to improving this and not being so lazy and finding reasons to not do what I like and putting things off. I can’t be a better me for myself, my husband, or our daughter if I just set unrealistic life goals. But, I can start somewhere and improve little things. Like add an exercise to my day, make a “To do” list and try to complete everything on it to my best capability, or just find something to make me smile (that’s a big one that I want to make happen more).
What are your bad habits? What kind of habits do you want to have?
Ok so now I see that it s definitely possible to make something positive happen out of my blog. I guess all the progress that I have made on the blog (even though it’s really not that much) in the last two weeks has lit a fire under me to really keep moving forward.
Therefore I am going to set some personal goals for myself to help in the progression of this blog. I’ve finally figured out that having a blog is not just writing stuff and people read and respond to it, it’s more like having a social media but on a more mature adult like scale. Eventually it would be great to have many followers, views, and make money off of my blog but first I have to put in some major work!
With that being said here are my goals and why.
- Get an email list set up: Ok I know I should already have one set up but it isn’t like I’m a professional blogger I just wanted to dabble in it and see if I liked it. Plus I don’t know how so suggestions are so welcome.
- Figure out how to promote my blog on Instagram: I already have a decent amount of organic followers on Instagram and I hadn’t posted anything on it for awhile so I just decided to start over, archive my pictures, and drive some traffic to my blog.
- Start Promoting on Pinterest: I can pin my material all I want but it is definitely helpful to promote it as well.
- Refine my Blog Setup: I really want to learn how to make individual pages to put specific posts on the specific pages because looking at YouTube and google are not helping. I think it would be more easy to navigate my blog site if I can separate subjects and have their own individual pages.
- Be more Consistent: I want to be more regulated and consistent with posting and promoting on WordPress, Pinterest, and Instagram. I want to get into a scheduled routine and have things set up so that I can post on all three at roughly the same time.
- Make Scheduled posts: I’m going to try to use tailwind and see if I can go ahead and remake posts for all three sites I want to use, so that it will go ahead and post regularly.
- Pre-make 30 Days of instagram content: What I mean by pre-make the content is like the pictures that I post that will initially move organic traffic to my instagram and blog. I want to set up 30 pictures for every month, or however many I’ll need to be able to post everyday without having to take multiple pictures everyday.
- Get more Motivated: I plan to take some time out of each week and treat myself to something I want to do. I can’t dedicate my whole life to my blog but I can be a better me to stay on the upside of things to be able to share with you all.
- Find more Ideas to Share: This kind of goes with doing things I want to do, because if I don’t get out of the house and experience different things and what I like and don’t like how am I supposed to be able to give fresh content and material? You can only come up with so many Idas sitting in the house staring at four walls.
- Get 50 followers on my blog: I think that it is important to set goals and standards to keep for yourself when doing something that you want to make a future out of. But I do not want to be unrealistic whatsoever. I want to set small goals that I can reach little by little to grow that way when I hit my goals I can celebrate and bring back that fire and motivation to move forward. I don’t want to give myself a time limit on this either because if I don’t reach my own quota I know I’d be discouraged and disappointed in myself.
If any of my wonderful followers or even if you don’t follow me and have advise on how I can improve please let me know. If you can shed some light and ideas on how to improve any of the goals that I put up please share. I love the feedback because then I can be better not only for myself but for my content that I post.